3/08/2015

You gotta know God can handle your honesty

Sorry i haven’t been writing earlier. i really did not know what to write about.
my goal is to share something that is encouraging, thought provoking or uplifting or just good for a laugh. Lately i have been wrestling with a couple of things and i could not think of anything worth sharing with anyone, here on my blog.

When i listened to Mandisa’s song “Just Cry” this sentence got me thinking..
You gotta know God can handle your honesty

i really felt like that would be something i wanted to share with others.
No idea if i could write a whole blog post about it.
Maybe i can’t. It’ll just have to be a shortie then :)

God can handle your honesty
He can handle my honesty

Honesty - The quality of being honest

Honest - Free of deceit; truthful and sincere


i often times feel the need to sugarcoat my thoughts and feelings.
Maybe even my hesitation to write a new blog post because what i had to write wasn’t ‘uplifting or encouraging or joyful’ enough.. is a display of not being completely honest. i don’t think i need to be completely honest on this blog. It’s okay to keep certain things to myself. i just don’t think i would be doing anyone a favor by “displaying” all my thoughts and feelings here on this blog. Everyone has their own battles, the good or bad, the happy or sad.
There’s no need to bombard you with mine.
i don’t try to say we all should bottle things up inside and hide our true selves. Not at all.
i just mean it’s healthy and natural to be selective in what you do and don’t share with other people.
And i pray everyone has at least one or two people in their lives who they are comfortable enough to share important aspects of their lives with. For we never were created to go through live on our own.

Still it is important to have people in your life who you can share the important stuff with.
Though in human relationships it is important and healthy to set boundaries and make choices in what you wish to share and keep for yourself.. It’s a whole different story when it comes down to our relationship with the Lord.

We don’t have to be selective in our prayers.
He doesn’t want us to sugarcoat our thoughts and feelings for Him.
It’s no use doing so, since He sees the depths of our hearts anyway (Psalm 139)

Us, human beings, simply can’t handle to always know all of the (ugly) details about the numerous battles we humans face while living on Earth. We need to be selective in what we share and with whom, in order to protect ourselves and others. We simply cannot carry the weight of the world.

Sometimes when spending time with the Lord, praying, i catch myself trying to protect Him too.
It sometimes gets so naturally to keep the hard stuff, the real stuff, outside of my prayers.
But Mandisa is right, putting me straight:

the Lord is perfectly capable of dealing with my honesty.
He can handle my raw feelings and thoughts.
He doesn’t need me to sugarcoat any single one of them.
Truth is, He already knows every single one of them.
But He waits on me to give Him all of me.
He waits on me to surrender myself to Him.
He wants all of me.
The good, the bad
the happy, the sad
the dark, the light
all day, all night.

He wants all of me.
He wants all of you.

And He wants you to know that He can handle your honesty




No comments: