10/13/2015

Surprises




As i walked out the door this morning i walked right into the first light of the morning sun coloring the sky. i was surprised. i expected it to be a bit darker outside and even though the autumn cold is setting in, the colors of this perfectly clear sky would have woken me up perfectly (if it were not that i had been awake for over 3 hours already so the sleepy head in me, already had gone to bed).

This afternoon, a dog owner that i regularly encounter in my neighborhood was in a good mood! His mood is most likely to be way up, or way down. So it’s always a surprise when i pass him by. Today he had this radiant smile on his face and loudly replied with a “you too!” when i wished him a great afternoon. He surprises me with his spirit so full of live. And it warms my heart when i see him take care of his cute little dog.



Surprised again! When my neighbor’s boy ringed my doorbell this afternoon. i knew someone would come pick up a child’s shoe that accidentally landed on my balcony yesterday. i got a little note on my mailbox about it. So i got on my balcony to get the shoe this morning and wrote them a little card to let them know i’d be home for them to pick it up, later this afternoon.

So yeah, this afternoon.. my doorbell rang. And had me soo surprised!
To be honest, i expected a mom to come pick up the shoe. This kid’s nervous rambling explaining what he rang my doorbell for, it was so sweet. Truly. i was amazed that this kid was picking it up himself. (And i’m so curious how his shoe landed on my balcony. i mean.. what kind of game makes you throw out your own shoe out the window? xD But well, it was exactly what i needed today, so yeah, i can only praise the Lord for this lovely situation. He knows exactly what we need and when we need it ;)

As i opened the door for my neighbor's boy, his father stood behind him, just a little further. Supporting him (which i think is amazing of him!) while letting him take responsibility, too. Because of his dad i did not ask about the whole situation, so i can continue to think of all kinds of crazy situation that leaves you throwing out your shoe :p (Anyone have any brilliant ideas?)

The dad was very nice too. Thanking me and all (when really it was no big deal :p). i thanked his son, because i think it is very praise-worthy of him to go pick up his shoe himself. His dad then mentioned that he figured i was a primary school teacher (which is a big compliment to me) probably because i wrote them that card (it was a handcraft/kids-theme card i had still had not found an occasion for until this morning xD) and/or because of my comment to his son, idk.

This son and dad, they made me smile.
For they remind me that there are wonderful people in this world and i wanted to share this surprise with you: Let's celebrate the amazing people living in this chaotic world!

No comments: