3/04/2016

God-confidence



Confidence.. to be honest, i’m not so fond of that word.
People have always been telling me i should get more self-confidence and even in treatment it was one of the main goals they wanted me to reach. Yes. They wanted me to get more confident. But i, myself, not so much.

There’s a lot of reasons why i don’t think i should get more self-confidence. i feel like for me it is not acceptable to be more confident. i am not allowed. (emphasis with exclamation marks... i would not dare to ever think that way about any other person on this planet, in this universe or even in a possible alternate universe!!!) There’s a lot of memories that support my thoughts and feelings about this topic. But i don’t want to go that pathway today.

i'd like to talk about a different kind of confidence. God-confidence.

Today as i was reading in my devotional book, i was asked to finish this sentence:

i have God-confidence today, because …

At first i was like.. uhm yeah. Were to start? Confidence is the kind of word that i’d rather not ever use. i would not even start to dream about being more confident. So why would i have God-confidence? i was not allowed, was i?

But the thing is.. God-confidence is not about me. It is about God. About Him alone.
And so i began to finish the sentence.
It amazed me when i started to truly think about Him and why He is worthy of me putting my trust in Him. Being confident in Him.

Here are some lines of what i wrote:

i have God-confidence today because God is the maker of Heaven and Earth. Because He knows about every little thing that is going on in this world, and every tiny detail that is going in my life today.
He is not “on the outside looking in”.
He knows exactly what is happening in my life right now – the obvious and the hidden away, unknown parts of my life.
God is no outsider. God has more insight into my thoughts, feelings, actions, being, more knowledge of this world,  than i do myself.

Therefore i can be confident in Him. Put my trust in Him.
And know that He cares about this world & me.
Know that He cares for this world & me.
                           
i can have God-confidence today because this world & i are safely wrapped up in the safety and comfort of His presence.


What about you?
How would you finish this sentence:

i can have God-confidence today, because …

No comments: