9/18/2016

Voices



As i was studying in the Word last week, i felt like there was something that just “clicked” in my mind. i had been pondering some things and struggled to see how i should go about it. What did the Lord want me to do? Was He speaking to me? Asking me to change my ways? Or was it just Satan filling my mind with doubts and obsessions? i did not know.

But then i felt like Someone was calling me back to the basics. As if the Lord Himself was speaking to me, asking me “What do you know about Me?”. And i started writing some things down that helped me see clearer and clearer. And i thought it may be worth sharing, so here it goes.

Some questions to ask yourself to determine if it’s God or Satan speaking:

  • Does it lift you up or tear you down?

  • Does it encourage or discourage you?

  • Do you feel energized or pressed down into a corner?

  • Is the tone of voice gentle, loving & caring, or more of the bullying type?

  • Does it sound like a gentle nudge in the right direction? Or is it more the “if you won’t do it, i will hate you” kind of pressure?

Remember, God always has your best interest at heart. When He is trying to tell you something, when He is asking you to change something or to do/not do something, He will always surround you with His amazing love and powerful grace.
He won’t bully you into it. He will let the ultimate choice be yours and is willing to help you obey Him.
He will keep reminding you of His will and He will use different resources to help you see His will: the Word, the Spirit, other people – to name a few.

And i’m saying this as much to you as to myself:
Don’t let Satan bully you into something by tearing you down, discouraging you, pressuring you with unkind words.
God won’t ever call you names. If He wants you to change your ways, He will say so, gently. Yes, He may be speaking firmly, but He will always, always be surrounding you with His everlasting, all-powerful love and mercy!


(and yes, i know this takes practice and i’m nowhere near where i want to be. But hey, life is about learning, falling and getting up again, right?)

i may not be where i want to be, but thank God i am not where i used to be

*On my way*





No comments: